At WeeSign we are committed to taking care of the confidentiality of our users’ personal data, which is why, below, we explain in detail how we use and store personal data provided during the signature and/or identity verification processes:
- Adhering to the provisions of the Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Individuals (Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de los Particulares).
- Sensitive information provided to WeeSign is kept encrypted for added security.
- At the momentof signing, WeeSign will require the signers to use the camera of their smartphone, tablet or computer to take pictures of their face or their current official identification. If so, said image and its verifications will be included as part of the signed document and will not be shared under any circumstances with third parties.
- When the user chooses to store his/her digital autograph signature for its use in WeeSign, the account holder will have full control of said digital autograph signature and it will not be shared with third parties under any circumstances.
- When using the e.firma provided by Mexican tax authority SAT (Servicio de Administración Tributaria) to sign, WeeSign will not collect information related to the e.firma, executing its validation in real time. WeeSign provides the option to use the e.firma, but does not collect or store the .cer, .key or password files under any circumstances. Said files and password will be required every time you try to sign with the e.firma.
- The content of all documents signed through WeeSign is considered sensitive and confidential information. For this reason, the content of the documents will only be shared with whoever the account holder wishes to do so. WeeSign will keep an encrypted copyof the documents for the validation tool, but at no time will the content of the documents be used for commercial purposes or shared with third parties.
- All information saved in cookies for the proper functioning of the WeeSign system, is not collected or stored for commercial purposes. Cookies can be deleted by the account holder.
- Any password generated by WeeSign users will be stored in an encrypted form for the purpose of giving access to each user’s account and will not be shared with anyone, under any circumstances.
- Every document signed through WeeSign is incorporated into our private blockchain, encrypted in a hash applying the ECDSA (Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm) algorithm. This algorithm allows third-party verification without compromising security.